So many artifacts, so little time…
Would you believe that it costs nearly $40,000 in utilities, facility costs, and supplies just to keep the collection items perched on a shelf and displayed in the gallery? With staff time added on top of that…well, we need your help to maintain the great quality of service to Anoka County that we have since 1935.
Adopt one of the artifacts in the ACHS collection for a year and help with the cost of preserving it at the best museum standards.
Artifact Adoption Levels
- Your name acknowledged in the History21 Newsletter and on the Adoption Wall in History Center Exhibit Gallery
- Thank You letter from the ACHS Director
- Certificate of Adoption with history of your artifact
- 5×7 photograph of your artifact
- One ACHS history booklet of your choice
- All benefits of the Patron Level, PLUS
- 8×10 photograph of your artifact, instead of 5×7
- Two ACHS history booklets of your choice, OR one 8×10 Jon Arfstrom art print of your choice
- All benefits of the Benefactor Level, PLUS
- A 45 minute chat with ACHS Archivist for you and up to 25 of your friends. See your artifact in person, and talk to Audra about preserving your family heirlooms.
All donations go toward preserving, housing, and maintaining the collections at ACHS at a regulated temperature and humidity, with periodic assessment by the collections team to make sure they are properly housed in acid-free archival materials, and inventoried to help tell the story of Anoka County.
How to Choose Your Adopted Artifact
You can adopt a specific artifact if you have one in mind, you can come to the History Center to choose one, or you can let the ACHS Archivist choose one for you. You can also specify a category like quilts or photographs or clothing. Contact Audra with any questions.