Be an active participant in preserving Anoka County history!
The Anoka County Historical Society was founded by a group of dedicated community volunteers in Anoka County in 1934. They made it their mission to discover, preserve, and disseminate knowledge about the history of Anoka County in the state of Minnesota. We believe that volunteers are vital to maintaining that legacy. Find your niche in our variety of volunteer opportunities.
Community Engagement Volunteer Opportunities with ACHS
- Host at the Home & Garden Show.
- Lead Ghost Tours through downtown Anoka.
- Role-play a monument of life on a Cemetery Tour.
- Tell the community about us at the Anoka County Fair, Anoka Riverfest and NowThen Threshing Show.
- Assist at our Annual Fundraiser event.
- Teach a history program.
- Interview individuals in the community about special topics related to history.
Behind the Scenes Volunteer Opportunities with ACHS
- Hunt through newspapers for relevant Anoka County articles to add to our research collection.
- Use a computer to create digital records for our searchable database.
- Listen and transcribe an audio recording of a community interview for our historical records.
- Assist in the fabrication of a history exhibit.
- Research topics for fun facts that can be used to educate the public.
- Discover historical information with the help of our genealogist experts to fulfill research requests.
- Use your special skills to support a variety of ACHS projects.
There are many opportunities available to express your talents and ideas.
To get started, fill out and submit the contact form below, or contact our Volunteer Coordinator by phone at the History Center.